Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Full Belly Project is Born

Hi everybody!

I was recently inspired by a military family to bring people together over a home-cooked meal. At the same time, I wanted these dinners to be for something, for somebody. I am passionate about cooking and feeding my friends and family.  After much thought, I decided that while I am feeding friends, my friends could feed hungry children. Take a moment to read about The Full Belly Project and please, come join me for dinner.
**Please note this is an ONGOING bi-weekly event and you can RSVP with me at any time!  Think of it as going out to dinner- only more intimate, a whole lot cheaper, and you are feeding others at the same time!




THE FULL BELLY PROJECT, founded May 2012
Bringing people together over a home-cooked meal. Fighting childhood hunger at the same time.

1 in 6 people in the United States are hungry. Many of them are children right here in Los Angeles. Growing up, there wasn't anything I enjoyed more than sitting around the dinner table with family and friends sharing a warm meal and some lovely company. No child should go hungry and that's why I'm on a mission to make sure they don't.

Once every other week, I will be hosting dinner at my house. You are invited to RSVP for dinner (space permitting) and come enjoy a meal with me! This dinner is free of charge; however, I ask that you consider making a donation. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Los Angeles Youth Network, an organization that provides food, shelter, and educational enrichment to the homeless children of LA.

It only takes $150 to feed a child for a month!

Come join me for dinner, a glass of wine, and help feed a child!

Message me for more details, a list of dates, or to RSVP! :)


xo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment